Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

  • To: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <RBHauptman@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:11:59 -0500
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's funny how the british will say it's Blair's war and the british people don't agree but it's "americans" who attacked Iraq as if all americans agreed with bush. Off-list you can find out my opinions about bush and Iraq by going here http://www.newsandmediablog.com

Again, the reason countries want to take the Internet out of US control is because they don't like the US or don't like it's policies under the current administration. That does not mean they have a better plan of running the Internet and the wrong reason for placing it under the control of an International org or the UN.

As Hugh and others said, countries can start their own root servers and will. No one can stop them. We don't need to take this root to an International body nor would any of these other countries have given up the root server if they had it before the US did. Let them start their own. It won't fracture anything or cause instability. It will probably be an improvement to most people.

Chris McElroy,
http://www.newsandmediablog.com
http://www.wholettheblogout.com