Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

Chris,

The Internet already is "our own"... that's the whole point... the Internet is the combined emotional, intellectual, communal sharing of a whole world community... the Internet is what millions of people from *ALL* countries contribute to it...

To help with the education of people worldwide.

To provide vital support for the health of all people, everywhere.

To keep communities in touch and families in touch - communities in every country in the world.

To trade and to act charitably, worldwide.

To allow individuals of every nation to communicate themselves.

To break down the barriers between nations.

And people, of all nations, have contributed: their time; their money; their hearts; their creativity; their love...

The Internet already is "our own".

Whatever the history behind it, the Internet does *not* belong to the US.

The World is quite rightly saying that it is "our" shared world resource. The US should not control its vital functions unilaterally.

With kind regards,

Richard Henderson.
www.atlarge.org