Re: [ga] ICANN Staff Shenanigans

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Staff Shenanigans
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:23:24 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, William Drake <wdrake@xxxxxxxx>, WGIG <wgig@xxxxxxx>, wsis <alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "declan@xxxxxxxx" <declan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Is anyone that has any experience suprised at this development?  I,
nor any of our members are.  This is NOT a new thing for ICANN
to do as you Danny and others that have had experiance with ICANN
know all too well.

No matter how things change, they remain the same...

Danny Younger wrote:

> Ross Rader writes:
>
> "At the same time, I?ve been told privately that ICANN
> staff are making it difficult for those that don?t
> support the proposed Verisign settlement agreement to
> use the ICANN meeting in Vancouver as a platform.
> Apparently ICANN staff involved in planning the
> meeting aren?t too keen on give a booth to a coalition
> lobbying against the agreement unless the coalition
> provides ICANN staff with a list of members.
>
> Sounds like a precursor to an inquisition if you ask
> me.
>
> Why is the ICANN staff so intent on making it
> impossible for its supporters to stay supporters? It
> seems that as every day goes by, they are
> strengthening the case for moving DNS oversight to a
> multinational organization."
> http://code.byte.org/blog/_archives/2005/11/15/1406564.html

> http://mail.yahoo.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827