Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

Chris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Some of my remarks below will in part be off topic or non related to the

subject line..

Very good questions here Chris.  However those directed at aid from
the US to other countries is off topic and in no way related to
a "A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet" which is the subject line for
this thread

Andy Gardner has been a heckler for several years on this and other
forums discussing ect. the internet.  Some of his analogy's have
actually
been very good and on topic.  Andy of course has made it abundently
clear on more than one occasion that he doesn't like me much.  That's
fine wit me.  I don't hold it against him and especially respect his
right to exercise his opinion regardless of his style...But I personally

care little about style but do care allot about substance.  Hence I
tolerate Andy's style as sometimes his substance is relevant to the
subject line or Thread.  However this was not one of those
instances.

kidsearch wrote:

>    So, I gather that you can give a list of countries that have given
> more aid to 3rd world countries than the USA has. Have to ask that
> question because as much fun as some people have bashing the USA, it
> is the very first country they call on for help when they are attacked
> or have a problem too big for them to handle.
>
> Other than that question, does it matter in the discussion about
> whether the UN could do a better job at running the Internet? Can you
> name one country ON THE LIST OF COUNTRIES demanding it be turned over
> to an International body that could manage it better?
>
> Most of the countries demanding the Internet be handled by someone
> other than the US government have in the past tried to put limits and
> controls over the Internet in their own countries. Their history in
> regards to the Internet suggests that they would not be open and
> transparent and would seek to control what people are able to access.
>
> China has done it. France has done it. Any others you'd care to share
> with us?
>
> Chris McElroy, President,
> Kidsearch Network
> http://www.KidsearchNetwork.org
> http://www.MissingChildrenBlog.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827