Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:35:34 -0000
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, are you American? Go figure...

But seriously, I am willing to see a continuing use of ICANN (with some
desired reforms) but there is no logic to the idea that ICANN has to have
just one "current steward" - the US.

Danny, I am not American. I do not think that the rest of the world should
be satisfied with ICANN being accountable only to *your* country.

Whatever makes Americans think that that's OK?