Re: [ga] Re: .pro not resolving

  • To: marcusgilmore@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: .pro not resolving
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And herein lies the cure. Not layers of Government but Women and men who strive to make a living. a problem only to you with a broom trying to sweep us under the rug.
We insist on perfection.

Marcus Gilmore <marcusgilmore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We had a serious technical issue yesterday with AV data which deactivated all .pro domains. No domains were deleted. We've repaired the problem and implemented mechanisms to prevent it in the future. We are very sorry for the problem.

Sincerely,

Registrar Support Team
RegistryPro

I find it really disturbing that a TLD can offline for several hours and that they cannot be reached by phone or email.

On 9/9/05, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote: On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:10:39PM +0200,
a message of 67 lines which said:

> Some domains has started working again and their status has changed
> back from "inactive" to "ok".

Yes, " newswire.pro", for instance, which was "inactive" is now
back. And, although the serial number of the zone did not change,
there is now a reply (besides "no such domain") from the DNS servers.

Someone at Registry Pro forgot that "UPDATE Domains SET
status='inactive'" should be followed by a WHERE clause :-)