[ga] Porn Spam

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Porn Spam
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:31:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, believe it or not the last time I visited a site or opened any mail having to do in any way with porn was; Clearly before this old man got remarried; Doing research for a ccTLD on how best to regulate it; And way back when SEX was the most hit name in search engines of all things trying to figure out why;.And then some work for the Catholic Churches that were getting their Domain Names snatched up in the expiry database and switched to old Eastern Euro Block countries for uploading porn. Nothing Puritan about me but it just isn't a genre that interests me.

But over the last week or so I have been getting tenfold the amount of spam with porn as the subject and content. Now it causes me no problem but I keep an eye on it through my filters and bulk mail files. So I ask why is this happening? I am registered in sites like this boring stuff regarding ICANN, Religious and Philosophical sites, Security sites, WHO type sites, University sites, International Trade type sites, Insurance, Law and IP.

So must I conclude more farming, phishing, etc. etc.? Or is it sight unseen sales of me in a database like a Whois? And why does it ebb and flow? The mechanics of spam visa vie porn is most interestingly blatant in approach. It will take some work but now I will go into those spams and trace back where they got my address. Strange as it seems it would appear to coincide with 3 areas I have recently been working in USGov, Security and Religion. (believe it or not they are very integrated). I wonder which sector has the loosist cybersecurity for databases.