Re: [ga] Re: [Politech] ITU's Richard Hill on ICANN's $.75 fee and Net governance

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Declan McCullagh <declan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [Politech] ITU's Richard Hill on ICANN's $.75 fee and Net governance
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:00:53 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Richard Hill <richard.hill@xxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am pretty amazed here at the blazen contempt by omission of users. Richard Hill should look up "resting on Laurels" in one of his American Heritage books (which is anything but). Taxation is the taking from an individual to support the infrastructure of those in power. Now in democracy we can change those in power, or limit the taxation or what it is spent on. In the ITU, UN or ICANN monolithic infrastructures we have no such authority. They have placed themselves in benevolent big brother status for the good of us neanderthals that only carry degrees in arcane matters and life experience.
As I told an IT worker during a think break, all of your knowledge does little good if the end user is left out of the loop. What makes perfect sense to a designer may have no application to a user. I doubt large pots of frijoles make much sense to a Norwegian, or our Asian rice pot to and Conglolese. Similarly 75 cents don't make sense to Joe but might to Joe Mega International Corp. I don't like this one bit but until it makes my life worse or hurts me in my wallet I think I will just comment on it like the rest of you.

Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Declan, Ricahard and all,

Nice try to deflect here Richard. What you seem to fail to mention is that
not any or all stakeholders have equal status or can vote on issues in
the ITU and the ITU charges for access to many/most of it's public
interests documents on it's web site.... Pot-Kettle black if you ask me...

Declan McCullagh wrote:

> [...]

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827