Re: [ga] RIRs & the NRO

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RIRs & the NRO
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:40:08 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 It has been clear that ICANN has been a "Cartel-Like" organization
sense
nearly the time of it's inception.  Sense the last reorganization under
than
CEO of ICANN Stuart Lynn of the DNSO now known as the GNSO it
is very clear that ICANN is indeed a cartel.  This is also greatly
supported
by the nature in the contractual arrangements for Registries and
registrars
that are beholden to a degree to ICANN, not the stakeholders/users or
as truly independent business entities.  Hence the "Club" mantra not
long
attributed to ICANN.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   If the five or so major news networks banded together and created a
> consortium I think some would question whether or not this was
> monopolistic intent. When OPEC gathers, oil using countries are at
> their whim as to price of crude and therefor gas.
> I thought and perhaps wrongly that ICANN was supposed to be a method
> for preventing such things on the Internet.
> I then read and do a little research regarding the NRO and find it to
> be a reversal of such logic and intent. http://www.nro.net/index.html
> Clearly if we believe in benevolent big brothers this is good. If we
> are looking for a saviour from ICANN, I wonder. At any rate it is
> clearly a cartel, at the least.
>
> Eri

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx