[ga] RIRs & the NRO

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] RIRs & the NRO
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:36:11 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the five or so major news networks banded together and created a consortium I think some would question whether or not this was monopolistic intent. When OPEC gathers, oil using countries are at their whim as to price of crude and therefor gas.
I thought and perhaps wrongly that ICANN was supposed to be a method for preventing such things on the Internet.
I then read and do a little research regarding the NRO and find it to be a reversal of such logic and intent. http://www.nro.net/index.html  Clearly if we believe in benevolent big brothers this is good. If we are looking for a saviour from ICANN, I wonder. At any rate it is clearly a cartel, at the least.

Eric