Re: [ga] Liberalism versus Conservatism

  • To: RBHauptman@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Liberalism versus Conservatism
  • From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:02:14 -0500
  • Cc: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RBHauptman@xxxxxxx wrote:
Referrrng to him as "Herr Hauptman" says it better than I ever could.
Fascist.
In a message dated 12/3/2004 9:50:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I had never seen a pattern of tendencies on this list which
indicated to me people reacted or acted out of either a liberal or
conservative view. Well Hauptman got me thinking maybe I just did
not see it over my last few years since the WG Review.
So the dutiful student that I am, I researched. I do not see any
really consistent views expressed by one party or group or another
along those lines. As Hauptman labels me I am a conservative, yet I
argued for more control and less worry about mission creep. I should
be all big business but I coined the term dotcommoner and have
faught that there should be no exclusions based on ownership of a
domain name. (I only use those as examples)
Take the UN in general - quite liberal, but when it comes to WIPO
and IT quite conservative.
US District courts in general - quite liberal, but when it came to
cybersquatting quite conservative. China policies quite
conservative, but when it comes to IT again quite liberal.
It seems to me that theft, chicanery, misrepresentation and abuse by
monopolies most people decry no matter what side of the isle they
are on.
Stability, reliability and security are what both sides of the isle
are looking for in the end.
But no, I do not see a division between conservatives and liberals
within this industry.
Except perhaps in Herr Hauptmans' mind. But if someone has some
opposite examples, I for one would like to see them.

--
This email includes a valid digital signature which positively distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has not been altered since it was sent. For more information on having your identity validated for use in your own Personal Certificate visit the THAWTE Web of Trust (WOT): https://www.thawte.com/wot/index.html

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
begin:vcard
fn:Sotiris Sotiropoulos
n:Sotiropoulos;Sotiris
email;internet:sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx