Re: [ga] Deletion lists only help

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Deletion lists only help
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:01:26 -0800
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotiris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I am not sure that the postal analogy is applicable here, but none the
less
Sotiris brings out a very good point that I believe is being missed in
this particular discussion area.  That being if the registrar has a good

business plan and a reasonable contractual relationship with their
credit card processing organization/service, concerns of unclaimed
or abandon domain name registrations or those that are not renewed
should not incur a additional cost to the registrar.  Hence making such
and argument by the registrar is not viable.