Re: [ga] Re: [Politech] Dick Cheney's domain name misstep

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [Politech] Dick Cheney's domain name misstep
  • From: Art McGee <amcgee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: Declan McCullagh <declan@xxxxxxxx>, rms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> However I do have to say that George Soros is more wrong
> for taking advantage of the Vice president's misstep.
>
> On has to remember and consider, that Dick was in the
> middle of a debate when he made the misstep and to take
> such advantage of such a small misstep is not good
> political form.

No, no, and no! George Soros does NOT own the domain
factcheck.com! Check the records. The person or group
who owns the domain are the ones who, realizing Cheney's
mistake, decided to redirect the URL to point at Soros'
web site. Soros had nothing to do with that, irrespective
of whether it was tacky or not.

Frankly, considering how dirty, disingenuous, and
duplicitous the right-wing and reactionary forces are in
the United States, I say that's it's damn fucking time that
Liberals and Progressives started to fight back. The culture
of niceness has literally destroyed liberalism in America
as conservatives, reactionaries, and fascists have done
whatever it takes to win. The gloves should have come
off long ago. As Sean Connery so aptly put it in The
Untouchables:

"If he pulls out a knife, you pull out a gun.
If he sends one of your men to the hospitable,
You send one of his to the morgue."

Art