Re: [ga] Evans leaving DOC? Changes in NTIA pending? - Cabinet changes expected if Bush is re-elected

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Evans leaving DOC? Changes in NTIA pending? - Cabinet changes expected if Bush is re-elected
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 04:05:16 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@xxxxxxx>, ICANN BC list <BClist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   I don't think most people realize the laisse faire attitude that Mr.
> Evans has shown ICANN. Under the Bush administrations concept that
> less government interference is better government, there has been a
> hands off policy toward such matters. (security aside)

  Even in security matters, DOC/NTIA has had a laisse faire attitude as
the recent NIST recommendation clearly shows and the IETF [Good right
arm of ICANN] was caught off guard on, as the already and now long
standing security problems still extant with BIND, IpV6, and DNSSEC
for example... As also with the policy recommendations made by the
ICANN BC constituency of which some of it's members are engaged in
funding terrorists, see:
http://www.DivestTerror.org/ and the full report at:
 http://64.46.114.65/divestterror/downloadfullreport.html

 As the president said in a speech some time ago, "Those whom fund
terrorists, are terrorists"...

> Changes here will force review and that will be interesting. This
> combined with tax restructuring and the obvious growing evolution of
> general knowledge regarding Inernet standards will create a new
> envirostructure that will be more accountable to users.

  I hope your right here.  However I have my doubts...

> Remember standards are set by business unless business sets
> unnacceptible standards or no standards.

  Business has no business in setting standards alone.  Without those
that are effected by any standards or proposals of same as equal and
active participants will almost every time set unacceptable standards,
and thereby cause unnecessary harm and damage to those effected.  And
yes, this is why the need for trial lawyers and law suits such as the
Sex.com case clearly pointed out, are unfortunately needed.

> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS