[ga] Re: ICANN's Squelching Stakeholders/users and/or the public

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: ICANN's Squelching Stakeholders/users and/or the public
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 02:57:07 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   Why does the US gov. Have marketing for its' e-government services?
> Because once the systems are set up the more they are used the more
> effecient and responsive to the people the agencies can be.
> http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/e_gov/27065-1.html
>
> Why does ICANN not engage in serious marketing and have a system set
> up for public useage. Is it because they do not want to be more
> effecient and responsive to the people?

  I think the answer here is not only yes, but that the real reason as
has been noticed
by long term active participants and squelched past participants is that
the ICANN
"musical Chairs" BoD and staff is not in the least truly interested in
active
or interactive participation in the management of the already admitted
public
resource of the Internet by long term, newly current, and future
stakeholders...

  As stark recent evidence one only needs to read a recent Circle-ID
article regarding the errant and poor ramrodded decision of the creation

of the UDRP:  http://www.circleid.com/article/729_0_1_0_C/  which
was Esther Dysons brain child/fart...  Many at the time, argued very
strenuously that such a "Tool" for solving Domain Name disputes was
Extralegal and very ill advised, I as spokesman for our organization was

among them, yet not a single non-ICANN BoD member or staff had
a single vote as to the UDRP or it turn over to WIPO a UN organization
of some dubious history...

> eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx