Re: [ga] Whois Task Forces 1, 2 & 3 Preliminary reports: Fraudulant

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GNSO/DNSO <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Whois Task Forces 1, 2 & 3 Preliminary reports: Fraudulant
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:18:33 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, liaison6c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I was able to download or access all three of these Whois Task Forces
reports but had a bit of trouble linking to Whois Task Force 1's link.
As ICANN seems to be a bit short in it's availability of technical staff

including a Webmaster, this comes a no surprise to me at least...
However
this does tend to make one wonder how an organization responsible for
in part at least, the technical aspects of the internet would not always

have such basic technical personnel employed or otherwise available...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> holiday weekend and is sent out cutting the time period down.
> Very dead wrong!
> I found this interesting; http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/ICANN.html
> I reckon this was written before all the amendments to the agreements
> that were signed off on.
>
> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Deare secretariat and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
> stakeholders/users,
>
> Golly gee, a whole 19 days to review, consider and than comment
> or remark on this. How magnanimous! < sarcasm intended >....
>
> Oh yes and BTW, why wasn't their open and transparent discussion
> and debate for all stakeholders/users to participate? Isn't such
> openness and transparency what the DOC/NTIA made clear it
> desires from ICANN a couple of months ago??
>
> GNSO SECRETARIAT wrote:
>
> > [To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > [To: liaison6c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> >
> > GNSO Council Whois Task Forces 1, 2 & 3 have issued Preliminary
> reports and
> > invited public comment on them:
> >
> > First 20-day Public Comment Period begins on 28 May 2004, ends on 17
> June
> > 2004 at 00:00 UTC.
> >
> > Whois Task Force 1 Preliminary report can be viewed here.
> >
> http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/Whois%20TF%201%20-%20Preliminary%
>
> > 20Report%20V2.%201.0.pdf
> >
> > Comments for the Whois Task Force 1 Preliminary Report can be
> submitted to:
> > whois-tf1-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The archive of comments for this report is available at

> > Whois Task Force 2 Preliminary report can be viewed here.
> >
> http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/TF2%20Initial%20Report3.pdf
>

> > Comments for the Whois Task Force 2 Preliminary Report can be
> submitted to:
> > whois-tf2-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The archive of comments for this report is available at:

> > Whois Task Force 3 Preliminary report can be viewed here.
> >
> http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/TF3PreliminaryWithRCMR1.pdf
>

> > Comments for the Whois Task Force 3 Preliminary Report can be
> submitted to:
> > whois-tf3-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The archive of comments for this report is available at:

> > GNSO Secretariat
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.

Jeffrey A. pppppWilliams
    Pierre Abelard