RE: [ga] dot-IQ

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] dot-IQ
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 06:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a huge priority. Until you walked those dirt roads in Saigon, Mexico DF or Seoul you don't get the greatness of PC Bangs or Internet cafe's. Someone once said something like the "Information superhighway". Step back a little. Tigres and Euphrates, Mississipi, Nile, Rheine, Yangstee (sorry for spelling) and so many more. These were the modes of transportation of goods and thoughts, The Mediterrainian and the Gallallee. People are good, give them the chance to communicate and they will flourish. All great civilizations are built on the transportation of knowledge. Marketing is education and education is marketing. But I got to have my tools to market Indepence, Freedom and Happiness and Pride. No I am wrong, this ain't no priority, this is a necessity.
Is someone standing in the way of my Iraqi girls getting access? If so, show them to me. I will make them wish they had slept in for a year.

Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 06:57 p.m. 15/05/2004, Joanna Lane wrote:
>Do you really think this is a priority in Iraq right now?

ICANN has no business with any *other* priorities in Iraq.
Just this one.

ICANN should pronounce policy on issues of [sanctions] legislation of one
country (the US in this case) vs. the integrity of its Root.
ICANN is also duty bound to take an active hand in
re-establishing "disconnected" TLD's and their domains.

-joop-
www.icannatlarge.com