[ga] Hot Shots

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Hot Shots
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 04:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So there I was standing in the gravy line with a bunch of yellow clad hot shots out of New Mexico. These are the men and women that drop out of perfectly good airplanes to fight fires. It was Yellowstone in about 1974. Ah hell no, I was just the head cook. We had to move the kitchen three times during that firestorm, big rigs that could feed 5 thousand 3 times a day.
Point is; It takes a lot of back to fight a fire. From Kitchen crews to cleanup crews and watchers. My sister in law is a front line fighter. She carries her gear at all times to be ready to prevent disaster in the Grand Canyon. Should not we all at least be ready to back those on the front line, fighting the fires of the internet.