[ga] Courage and bravery

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Courage and bravery
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 23:51:40 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So there I was;
Dragged kicking and screaming against my will into a graduation commencement ceremony. YUCK.  But there was this dude who gave the keynote speech. He had just got done the day before cross-examining some guy named Rumsfeld or something. I guess he had spent a few years as a POW himself. Someplace he called Vietnam.
He did not give the ritual speech of new beginnings, but of character. About the courage and bravery that is required to make the world a better place. Standing up and being counted when it mattered.
Something fancy and film worthy happens on TV and some folks speak up.  But on a Daly basis they remain silent when they know ICANN is denying access to the net to my shoeshine boys by evil intent and ineptitude.
Shame on them.