[ga] Spam and yahoo

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Spam and yahoo
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:05:53 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I admit, in essence I am a marketeer. Whether it is selling innocence to a jury or websites to Mexicans and Vietnamese or life insurance to seniors or concepts to neophytes I really just market.
http://anti-spam.yahoo.com/whatsoever

Now I am sorry but that is just a scam on spam. Dumb me, I used my credit card to buy a body pillow for my wife at Bed Bath and Beyond (cool store by the way) and within 4 days I got junk mail from them.

Internet corporation for the assignment of names and numbers? Every time I go someplace on the net - my name and address are snatched and I get hammered.
(actually that is a total lie, in my case I know how to avoid it, but most dotcommoners do not know how)
Point is; by spamming the hell out of you, I can sell you antispam. But in order to do that I get all of your info in order to spam you. Catch 22? Interesting at the least.

ed's RFC 1; being wrong and intrusive is wrong and intrusive whether it is on or off the net.