Re: [ga] Wrong and Wright, newest lawfirm in town

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Wrong and Wright, newest lawfirm in town
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:37:40 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bill Oreilly <Oreilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I take it the you are equating the fictitious law firm "Wrong and
Wright"
with Jones and Day..  Given that is so, than of course most rational
"Good ole boys" or otherwise Stakeholders/users, expect a high level
of ethics from the legal firms that represent government contracted
entities such as ICANN, to adhere to the law at ALL times.
Unfortunately
as we have all seen on this and many other public forums, and from
testimony in the House Telecom committee especially, Law firms like
Jones and Day have other agenda's that are of a variety other than
what is represented as seen now recently again with the "Google
Affair" and leaking of memos by Jones and Day legal rep's to the
media regarding their client, Google...

  Yet it seems and has seemed that our government officials have
failed to act yet again to what has become a pattern of such very
questionable behavior on the part of Jones & Day, as well as
ICANN...  When, I and our members wonder, will some direct
and effective action on the part of DOC/NTIA and/or the DOJ
be forthcoming in correcting such illegal behavior...???

 So I can only hearken back to Bill O'reilly's book, whos looking
out for you??  Google? No it doesn't seem so.  ICANN?  Not
hardly..  Jones & Day?  Forget it!  DOJ and/or DOC/NTIA?
Well, not yet anyway..  So what is it again we are paying these
people?  Hummmmm???  Way too much perhaps??

  Oh yes, and umm, what ever happened to "PUBLIC SERVICE"???