[ga] i.e.

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] i.e.
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:38:31 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.circleid.com/article/566_0_1_0_C/

Just as i.e.s, weren't dotTV and dotLA really hot for a while.  I liked the AU and CA transformations. I.e. dotBZ.  I.e. dotWS?

Exemplar is a very tough word.  This concept of i.e. or ie or i e has been around for as long as England.  But the best my study tells me is that it has a brutal Greek/Latin twist.
When you see it you know it means roughly; "for example". Funny but in my ill formative years everyone knew it meant "Ignorant Eric".  I distinctly remember at least three great men walking around over the past couple of thousand years using i.e.s, what we have come to call parables or metaphors. How about "drop the Y and add ie".  Now as a student I see the great potential for "drop the why and add .ie" or "an example to be followed, dotIE".
Restricted ccTLDs are a strange bird.  Old Le Blanc told me they were the "China model" or I interpreted that to mean the "China Syndrome". My birth father (a "black Irishman") once said to be careful of the "green hills boy" I thought he meant the mountains of his home in the Emerald Isle, but now I know he meant the lure of money.
Will national integrity and security rule the day for ie, or will the instant green bring snakes back to the land of St. Patrick?