Re: [ga] Re: The battle over .xxx again...

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: The battle over .xxx again...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:26:35 -0800
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephane and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:12:22PM -0800,
>  Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>  a message of 32 lines which said:
>
> >   Seems to me in the .xxx specific case, depending on how it is
> > handled, it would be a good idea to have such a sTLD.
>
> Read RFC 3675 ".sex Considered Dangerous" first.

  ROFLMAO!  Well .sex might be dangerous in Some
African countries, which may have been the IETF's motivation
for the RFC you reference.  .XXX is a different matter, yet
perhaps such a "xTLD" has some merit  "contracted" correctly.
However given ICANN's lack of reasonable legal expertise
I would advise strongly against taking any contractual determination
of such an "xTLD/ Adult TLD" without independent stakeholder/user
review, as it would almost certainly be a magnet for under age
stakeholders/users and thereby have it's own moral and cultural
implications on a global scale..

  As our friend and fellow stakeholder/user often told me,
"there is no sex/.sex in Vietnam"... >;)

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827