RE: [ga] xxx and zoning

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] xxx and zoning
  • From: "Sotiris Sotiropoulos" <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:24:35 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hugh" Dierker writes: "Remember, there is no definition of pornography,
but, "I know it when I see it". Spam looks like porn to me."

Au contraire Mr. Dierker, there is a very clear definition of pornography.

Pornography:

1. Pictures, writing, or other material that is sexually explicit.
2. The presentation or production of this material.

Not only is there a definition, but it's pretty much universally considered
a "dirty" business fraught with all sorts of distasteful and disagreeable
situations, persons and practices.

Though I must admit, I'm not at all surprised by your comment, especially
that it was you who made it.

"Pornography is the attempt to insult sex, to do dirt on it."

        -D. H. Lawrence (1885-1930), British author. Pornography and
Obscenity (1930; repr. in Phoenix: The Posthumous Papers of D. H. Lawrence,
pt. 3, ed. by E. McDonald, 1936).

"Pornography is literature designed to be read with one hand."

        -Angela Lambert (b. 1940), British journalist. Independent on Sunday
(London, 18 Feb. 1990).

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

  _____