Re: [ga] VeriSign's failure to implement Universal WHOIS by Dec 2002

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] VeriSign's failure to implement Universal WHOIS by Dec 2002
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:34:45 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "halloran@xxxxxxxxx" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  The last report available that I know of is here:
http://www.icann.org/gnso/whois-tf/report-19feb03.htm
Last "Restricted" Teleconference is located here:
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20030605.GNSOteleconf-minutes.html

Whois steering committee forum archives are located here:
VERY INTERESTING...

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was reading Appendix W of the ICANN-VeriSign Registry Agreement for
> .com at:
>
> http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appw-com-16apr01.htm
>
> which in part reads:
>
> "Registry Operator shall commence research and development of the
> Universal Whois Service no later than December 31, 2001. Registry
> Operator shall, insofar as is reasonably possible in view of Registry
> Operator's dependence on the cooperation of third parties, strive to
> achieve significant progress in implementing the Universal Whois
> Service by December 31, 2002."
>
> Given that VeriSign has failed to deliver on this "significant
> progress", shouldn't that be its priority at this time, rather than
> other "services" such as WLS and SiteFinder? VeriSign needs to be
> reminded that its *obligations* should precede its other ambitions.
>
> Appendix W also says that "Registry Operator shall provide ICANN with
> an annual report on this research and development activity." If someone
> would provide a link to the latest 2 annual reports for that R&D
> activity, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801