Re: [ga] VeriSign's failure to implement Universal WHOIS by Dec 2002

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] VeriSign's failure to implement Universal WHOIS by Dec 2002
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:28:45 +0100
  • Cc: <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That may be as obscure and unpublished as the detailed Evaluation Reports
required from Afilias and Neulevel, under Appendix U of their ICANN-Registry
Agreement. I asked why these had not been published, to enable informed
participation in the New TLDs Evaluation Process by all parties - and Stuart
Lynn said ICANN staff "had not had time to FTP the documents onto the
website yet"... that was in Summer 2002 !!!

Also, may I ask Paul Twomey where on the ICANN site (or anywhere else) can
we find the detailed schedule, programme of tasks and objectives, or any
response to the specific recommendations of the NewTLDEvaluation Task Force
which the ICANN Board accepted in the autumn meeting of 2002? Where is the
work projected, the work in process, or any opportunity for constituencies
to participate in the work for which one individual is being paid to have
oversight? Where, in short, is the New TLDs Evaluation Process? The whole
point of a "Proof of Concept" is that it involves a highly serious and
highly detailed Evaluation.

We were told that the Task Force report was supported by the ICANN Board. We
were told they had employed someone to spearhead the Evaluation.

All we seem to have is invisibility!

This is intolerable.

How can ICANN expect or claim serious, mature, informed participation when
it acts so obtusely?

And why has Paul Twomey ignored my mails for 5 months?

And why has Dan Halloran ignored my mails for a year and a half?

Where is the detailed substance of the New TLDs Evaluation Process, or the
Registry Evaluations they were obliged to provide, or *anything* like a
schedule of the tasks to be discussed?

I'm appalled.

Yrs,

Richard Henderson