RE: [ga] Transfers Implementation

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Transfers Implementation
  • From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:17:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment:
Where is the part that obligates the Registrars to provide the Registrant
with a clear explanation of:-

1. procedures that a Registrant can expect both losing and gaining
Registrars to follow?
2. reasons a Registrant could be given for a transfer request to be denied?
3. recourse a Registrant may take if Registrars do not follow procedures for
whatever reason?

If the Registrant is putting themselves in the middle of 2 competing
Registrars, where each can blame the other for possible system failures that
may arise, with nowhere else to go for help, then at the very least the
Registrants ought to be fully informed about what is supposed to be
happening. This means that the Registrars must be contractually obligated to
provide the Registrant with a "Standard Explanation of ICANN Approved
Transfer Procedures", from time to time updated, and IN ADVANCE of the
Registrant instigating any transfer that will utilize these procedures.

Alternatively, every Registrar ought to provide every Registrant with a
guarantee that they will perform every transfer 100% perfectly, then the
Registrant never need be concerned about how the transfer is effected. Are
the Registrars willing to provide such a guarantee? I thought not.

Joanna