Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:17:51 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  Pardon me Karl, but I and many of our members firmly believe
and are beginning to see that Paul Towmey has no intention to
break with the "Shadow Management" of the ICANN BoD and staff,
and never really had any intention to do so.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:
>
> > Personal summary and comments on five testimonies, presented in the US
> > Senate on 31 July 2003, cf.
> > http://www.senate.gov/~commerce/hearings/witnesslist.cfm?id=889
>
> My own hearing materials are not yet up on the committee's web site - I
> only got them in at the last minute.  (But, considering that some of my
> material was quoted by Senator Burns, it apparently was read. ;-)
>
> Pending the posting on the committee site, my own materials are online at:
>
>         http://www.cavebear.com/rw/senate-july-31-2003.htm
>
> (There are other hearing related materials posted on my blog via
>
>         http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog/
>
> most particularly at http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog-archives/000046.html
> and the three items that follow.)
>
> One of the things that was not visible to those not physically present was
> the set of putatively ex-ICANNites who were there.  I am becoming
> increasinly concerned that ICANN has a shadow management that is still
> deeply involved and still dictates ICANN staff decisions and attitudes.
> This does not bode well for Paul Twomey's chance to break with ICANN's
> past.
>
>                 --karl--

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801