Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

Karl,

I'm not at all surprised at the back door management theory, but a little
surprised that they would be present at the hearing.  It's a bit of a give
away, isn't it?

Your testimony somewhat suggests hopefullness where PT is concerned, but I
think it more likely that your concerns in this post are more likely
closer to reality.

I thought your written testimoy was right on target  and a good analysis,
especially with regard to the IP allocation and relationship of IANA/RIRs
to ICANN. The RIRs, IMO, should be left to do their job and IANA should be
a separate entity, not under control of ICANN in any manner.   It's just a
crying shame that it is likely that nothing will come of it.  The panel
was a stacked deck, as usual, and questions put to the panelists did not
lend anything to confidence that the Senators even have a clue as to the
real issues.  Same ole, same ole.

I'm glad your testimony is in the record.  At least it is something that
can be referred to for the "I told you so" when ICANN totally screws the
internet for users.

Thank you very much for all of your efforts to regain some sanity in this
mess.  I just wish there were at least ten of you. :)

Regards,

Leah