[ga] Message Boards and moderation.
- To: "Ga@Dnso. Org" <ga@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ga] Message Boards and moderation.
- From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:11:08 -0400
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a vague recollection of discussions about who is responsible for the
content of message boards, but can't remember the outcome. Can the board
owner/domain name holder/ web host/ registrar be held legally responsible
for any libel posted on a site? Is there a legal obligation to moderate
postings, or does free speech cover everything, even if not hosted, owned in
As no doubt you can guess, I have a friend with a user situation.