RE: [ga] @xxxxxxxxx

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] @xxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:16:30 +0000
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning.
I also agree that hiding addresses is rather a feature than a bug.
Personally, I use a specific email address for communicating to the GA, and I have changed it already twice because at one point in time I could not cope with the amount of spam (either from unsolicited commercial sources or from equally unsolicited, but not less annoying, cc: from people that believe that their importance is proportional to the size of their cc: list, while it is usually the other way around).
If I read a message on the GA list that I want to answer, or if I want to get in touch with the source of the info, I can do it on the spot, because in my inbox I have the message with the full header. In Internet times, it is usually very late to do it reading the archives days or months after the message, therefore the usefulness of the full email is very limited.
In exceptional cases, when you *really* want to get in touch with some contributors to the GA, I guess that Kent can provide you, on exceptional basis, with the information. If this fails, you can still ask Jeff or Jim or any other person who feels that their job is to keep an up-to-date email directory, and that I am sure will be glad to help.
Best regards
Roberto