Re: [ga] Re: Paul Twomey and Responsiveness

I originally requested a response from Paul Twomey 64 days ago, and copied
my request to the ga list here:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc12ch/msg01448.html

Since then I have waited for a response from Paul for 64 days (as I have
waited for a response from Dan Halloran for 425 days) and there has been
nothing.

After receiving a thoughtful private mail yesterday, encouraging me to place
some hope in Paul Twomey, I responded as follows (I've left out the
respondent's name to protect his/her privacy:

xxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the trouble to mail me, and I appreciate your sane and
rational approach to things. Although I express critical opinions, I am
grateful to you for your reasoned comments. I am myself a reasonable
person - I am just an ordinary family person, a school teacher living a
quiet life, doing my best for my pupils. I have been Head Teacher of two
schools. I have also been a Prison Governor, with responsibilities for 600
prisoners. I tell you this, to reassure you that I am not some semi-literate
eccentric but a normal, rational person myself.

What slightly disappoints me is, that in writing carefully-researched mail
to ICANN, and raising issues which others take seriously and which at least
deserve answers, ICANN has chosen to ignore my mails (for 425 days), and
seems to be marginalising me as if I was someone not meriting responses.

Of course, this does not damage my own happy life here at home, but it
worries me that ICANN can be so unresponsive, and some of the examples of
broken agreements and abuse also worry me, and the fact that ICANN seems
determined to avoid the issues.

I accept that Paul Twomey is new. However, it does not take long to
acknowledge a letter - even if you just write: "I have received your mail,
and I will make sure someone gets back to you, once I have had time to look
further at all matters."

Something like that. But the ICANN policy to date has been to totally ignore
even the existence of my mail. I have waited 425 days for even an
acknowledgement of receipt from Dan Halloran. I have sent further copies of
the same mail. I have waited 64 days so far for even an acknowledgement of
receipt from Paul Twomey.

If I ran a School or a Prison in this way, there would be uproar.

ICANN is running a worldwide resource. The same principled business
standards should apply.

When Paul Twomey says he wants more responsiveness, that includes him.

Once again, thanks for your calm and intelligent posts.

Yrs,

Richard H

My original mail to Paul Twomey on May 18th "Responsiveness and ICANN"
(also posted to ga list):
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc12ch/msg01448.html

Previously expressed comments:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc12ch/msg01447.html