Re: [ga] "Intervenor" fees. Has ICANN/WIPO followed Calif's. Insurance industry?

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] "Intervenor" fees. Has ICANN/WIPO followed Calif's. Insurance industry?
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:46:46 -0700

Matt and all,

  This thread was meant as a list question as it was originally posted as
such.  I didn't take it off
list.  It is only a question, not a statement.  If you took same as such,
that is of course your choice,
but deviates from the originating thread as a question.  Sorry if that
offends you in some way which
I freely admit eludes me from a rational perspective.  Yet comparisons have
been, are being, and will
likely continue to be at least considered if not asserted in or out of
context.  Challenging the status
quo in many fields of endeavor is how as a species we advance ourselves on
many levels and in oh
so many ways.  Such is also true of various levels of social interaction,
in this case the UDRP as
a means by which aspects of Domain Name resolution and use can/are being
challenged and
at least in part or to some degree, resolved all be it for a fee.  Some
UDRP decisions have been
further challenged and overturned.  The rate of which has increased of
late.  So does that have
or demonstrate a need for review and perhaps improvement?  Was or is the
UDRP in its current
form adequate to meet the current development and expansion of the use(es)
of the Internet via
DNS?  It appears that perhaps those questions need answers not just from
one person or group
but from any and all participants that have interest to answer.  Ergo the
challenge.  Not an
admonishment what so ever.  Clear enough?

  Thank you again for your response, most interesting.

Kindest regards,

CISO
Phone: 214-245-2647