Re: [ga] "Intervenor" fees. Has ICANN/WIPO followed Calif's. Insurance industry?

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] "Intervenor" fees. Has ICANN/WIPO followed Calif's. Insurance industry?
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:24:35 +0100

On 8 May 2012 06:27, Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seems that the UDRP was modeled after this now changing Calif. Insurance
> practice.

This is one of your usual, un-evidenced, controversial assertions. It's the
internet. Give us a link or two?

>  How does this aid consumers/users?
> What intrinsic benefits do users gain other than a great potential for
> misinformation?  The emperor has no clothes.

A system where: "These consumer representatives (intervenors) are entitled
to compensation for their reasonable advocacy fees and expenses they incur
in proceedings conducted by the Department. " is similar to UDRP?

I fail to see anything in the current UDRP Rules that allows for similar
funded "consumer advocate" representation. In fact, I can't see anything in
the UDRP rules (5, 10b, 12) that explicitly allows any third party
involvement at all (the Complainant, by this time, definitely not being a
'third party'.)

M.

--
Matthew Pemble