[ga] Re: [ PFIR ] [Updated URL]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce expresses strong concerns about ICANN TLD expansion process

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, lauren@xxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ PFIR ] [Updated URL]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce expresses strong concerns about ICANN TLD expansion process
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:38:59 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Lauren and all,

  Thanks lauren.  Of course many of us old hands in the dealings
with ICANN have know for several years not that ICANN has been failing
to work appropriately with users/consumers and registrants.  NTIA's
announcment demonstrates their frustration which has been present
for a number of years also seems thhave reached it's tipping point.

  ICANN's new TLD plan is not in keeping with the Internet communities
input, nor government(s) considerations in some to many respects, which
seems to have been the straw that broke DOC/NTIA's back as it were.