[ga] Re: Proposed Legislation Would Allow DoJ to Seek Injunctions to Shut Down Piracy Sites

  • To: rms@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Proposed Legislation Would Allow DoJ to Seek Injunctions to Shut Down Piracy Sites
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:06:03 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Richard and all,

-----Original Message-----

To a degree you are right here.  but the sharing of bad
information in a positive light is not good sharing.

>But if we want to look at details, here's a nasty one.
>The proposed law makes an exception for a site that has
>a "demonstrable, commercially significant purpose or use".
>In effect, this declares that commerce is the sole value
>of importance to society.  It is wrong at the root.

Agreed making this exception is not logical or even factual.
The Inetenet and ergo websites/domain names is not, nor ever
has been only about what is or is not 'commercially significant'
and never was intended to be nor should become such as to do so
proposes a restriction on freedom of expression that may be
egregious.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 300k members/stakeholders and growing,
strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx