[ga] NCUC

  • To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] NCUC
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

This constituency interests me.  I do not like the membership criterion but I
can see it has its' place. http://ncdnhc.org/

The biggest problem that I am having with the idea is the "anti" commercial
aspect. In this regard they seem to be a bit antagonistic toward registrants.
They also seem a little against any new constituencies -- as I can tell they do
not want to dilute their stake.

In this same vein I am seeing a very "grab the headlines" approach by EFF.  I
have not been inspired by a writing of theirs for quite sometime.
They are well funded. They are well organized. They attack wrong when ----
well I do not really know how they decide, seems a little strange.  But they do
nothing that I can see to get the people fired up.  They are not helping to
organize "grass roots" "bottom-up" support.
Again it would appear they are caught in worrying about diluting their stake,,
generally of funding.

I could use an education on this and gladly look forward to it.