[ga] Re: Experts agree: ICANN staff (and board members) must undergo mandatory drug testing, credit checks, and psych exams

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Experts agree: ICANN staff (and board members) must undergo mandatory drug testing, credit checks, and psych exams
  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:46:11 +0200

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:16:26PM -0700,
 George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

> I was pleased to read in the latest report from ICANN that JAS
> recommended mandatory drug testing, credit checks, and psychiatric
> exams for staff.

But soccer fans, beer drinkers and people who attend church services
would still be allowed? That's inconsistent.

> Any hesitation would be a sign that drug addicts, psychos and
> financially stressed individuals are "at large" within ICANN staff

Why not testing every member of this mailing list for trolliness? It
would allow to reduce seriously the load on the mail servers...

> Indeed, new TLD registry operators (and existing ones) should be
> subject to the same standards.

And ISC and NLnetLabs employees, since we all use their
software. (Same thing for PostgreSQL and Oracle Corp.)