Re: [ga] Technical Management?? Spam, phishing and viruses??

  • To: John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Technical Management?? Spam, phishing and viruses??
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

Let us be transparent here for others and myself to understand.  Is this the
accurate requirements for membership?:
Thank you for taking the time to apply for membership in the TLDA!

Here is the basic criteria for Associate and Full Membership in the TLDA. Once
you have completed the application process below and you application has been
approved, you will be granted Provisional Membership status and welcomed to the
community of TLD Holders.

Membership is available to TLD holders who can prove the right to assign or
delegate rights, cancel or delegate authority for an operational TLD. The
holder must be a legally recognized entity such as, but not limited to, a
partnership, trust, corporation, natural person, government, cooperative. The
TLD must also meet certain criteria of activity and stability.

1.) You must provide the information for at least two nameservers (TLD
Servers), on separate packet switched netorks answering AUTH for the TLD, and
they must report AUTH for a valid SOA. (FQDN Hostnames and IP Addresses are
required to complete your application).

2.) You will need to have 3 SLDs delegated/registered under your TLD that have
content and are operational. These SLDs do not need to have web sites
associated with them. Content can be an ftp server, an Internet host or STMP
Server, etc. (You do not have to provide this information today).

3.) You will need an operational registry - even if it is by hand, but you must
prove a means by which SLDs can be created and delegated under your Top-Level
Domain. (you do not have to complete this informatin today).

Complete information regarding TLDA Membership can be found in the Corporate
Bylaws on this website, as well as the terms and conditions which you must
acknowledge (at the bottom of the page) prior to submitting your application.

Be prepared to enter the AUTH zone data for your TLD, including the address of
the registry/registrar, the NIC/Info site, nameservers (TLD Servers), rp
(responsible party - the DNS Administrator's email address), and other standard
and (RFC Compliant) verifiable contact info as needed.

Before we get started, please take a moment to review the legend icons to the
right of each field indicating whether the field is mandatory or not. This will
save you the time and effort of having to abandon an only partially completed
application, and having to return later in order to complete all of the
required portions.

For fields that are not required, you will have the opportunity to login and
complete your details in full once provisional membership has been granted.
There is a 120 day period for you to complete the supplemental information in
order to be granted Full Membership.

You will only be completing the AUTH info for one TLD at this time. A TLD
Holder is granted membership based on whether there is an operational TLD - not
how many. You will have ample opportunity to add any additional TLDs once your
Provisional Membership has been granted.

This application is pretty much straight forward, and if you're an actual TLD
Holder or Manager you shouldn't have any problem at all completing the required
portions of the application.

Once again, thanks for applying for membership, and let's get started okay?