Re: [ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, Andrew McMeikan <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:52:30 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:
 #ffffff;color: black;}p{margin:0px}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16825" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<P>Eric, Andrew, and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; Concerning oneself too much about Geopolitical abstractions is
usually a endless tread mill that</P>
<P>starts and ends at the same place.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; I have dual citizenship, but also have tax exempt and/or
differed&nbsp;status in both.&nbsp; Hence variations </P>
<P>on a theam such as Taxes are far more 'Involved' than simple statements can
properly articulate.</P>
<P>I have lived in 7 US states and 3 countries in my lifetime so far, and never
have I had to provide</P>
<P>PII information in a detailed manner as has been and is being discussed
regarding a new constituency</P>
<P>or for that matter missed out on any good and successful business
transaction or operation for</P>
<P>all parties involved as a result.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; Obamas birth certificate has been posted online and available on CNN
for review so many times</P>
<P>that the "Birthers" arguments in this regard pale to the point of
ludicrousness and as such only </P>
<P>serve ill will and as a nonsensical distraction of no reasonable value.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; The new Credit card legislation just a few days ago singed into law
addresses many of the </P>
<P>verification concerns regarding same.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; WHOIS data sense 1998 has become more and more inaccurate due to
several factors, the</P>
<P>most important of which has been moving away from a central WHOIS
database.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; Objecting to individuals is largely sillyness and eventually
folly.&nbsp; Objecting to what some</P>
<P>individual purports is not.&nbsp; Focusing on issues rather than
people/individuals with respect to</P>
<P>specific issues has value and merit.&nbsp; Focusing on individuals advocacy
of something or</P>
<P>another has little value unless lives are threatned or otherwise in
danger.&nbsp; However in the</P>
<P>US we have a new 'Hate Speech' law that covers such concerns.&nbsp; I am
sure certain </P>
<P>sections of it will be legally challenged and a few may reach the Supreme
Court accordingly.</P>
<P>But such is the proper process and a Digital Cert requirement for a new
constituency membership</P>
<P>should obviously not be and if such comes to pass, it is doubtless that
significant legal challenge</P>
<P>from multipul jurisdictions will ensue on Civil Rights grounds amongst other
legal structure</P>
<P>grounds accordingly.<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Hugh Dierker
<HDIERKER2204@xxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: May 24, 2010 9:45 AM <BR>To: Andrew McMeikan
<ANDREWM@xxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <BR>Subject: Re: [ga]
Identification is good, hidden agendas bad <BR><BR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<DIV>We have had some interesting cross experiences with this that may suggest
some positives and some negatives.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Geographics.</DIV>
<DIV>When calling for representatives and being desirous of Geopolitical
variant abstractions. Proof of ones' residency is required. In my case I had
single citizenship but lived more in Vietnam than So. Cal. -- believe me both
wanted their taxes paid ;-) I was accepted in APNIC under Asia but denied in
At-Large under Asia. Good models to review for proof versus reality.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Obama's birth Certificate????</DIV>
<DIV>Obviously there are going to be issues. If all you are after is if someone
is real -- extract money. Hard for Verisign to say someone in WHOIS - Is Not -
when they take their money.</DIV>
<DIV>At the far end is qualifying for a Credit Card vendor cert. At the
oblivious side is the WHOIS.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Seems like Joop's concept is really quite good. If you are important
enough for someone to object -- damn good chance you exist.&nbsp; Besides - you
would have to be an idiot not to listen to Joop on these issues. Agree or not
--- he has been there.<BR><BR>--- On <B>Mon, 5/24/10, Andrew McMeikan
<I>&lt;andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</I></B> wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:
rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"><BR>From: Andrew McMeikan
&lt;andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Subject: Re: [ga] Identification is good,
hidden agendas bad<BR>To: <BR>Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Date: Monday, May 24,
2010, 5:05 AM<BR><BR>
<DIV class=plainMail><BR>Joop Teernstra wrote:<BR>&gt; Sotiris could start with
an easy acceptance policy of the domain<BR>&gt; registration ID, but put a
provision in the charter that allows any<BR>&gt; member to challenge an ID and
demand verifyable data. <BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; Joop<BR>&gt; <BR><BR>Sounds
good but voting rights should at a minimum require someone to<BR>vouch for
them.&nbsp; I would like to hear more.<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
cya,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Andrew...<BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Regards,<BR><BR>Jeffrey
 A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders
and growing, strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom"
-<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance
of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore
Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the
burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied
by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll
Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
1947]<BR>===============================================================<BR>Updated
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good
standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Phone:
214-244-4827<BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup
LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders and growing, strong!)<BR>"Obedience of
the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham
Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what
is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the
probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability<BR>depends
upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than
PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good
standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Phone:
214-244-4827<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>