Re: [ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad

  • To: Andrew McMeikan <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:45:56 -0700 (PDT)

We have had some interesting cross experiences with this that may suggest some
positives and some negatives.

Geographics.
When calling for representatives and being desirous of Geopolitical variant
abstractions. Proof of ones' residency is required. In my case I had single
citizenship but lived more in Vietnam than So. Cal. -- believe me both wanted
their taxes paid ;-) I was accepted in APNIC under Asia but denied in At-Large
under Asia. Good models to review for proof versus reality.

Obama's birth Certificate????
Obviously there are going to be issues. If all you are after is if someone is
real -- extract money. Hard for Verisign to say someone in WHOIS - Is Not -
when they take their money.
At the far end is qualifying for a Credit Card vendor cert. At the oblivious
side is the WHOIS.

Seems like Joop's concept is really quite good. If you are important enough for
someone to object -- damn good chance you exist.  Besides - you would have to
be an idiot not to listen to Joop on these issues. Agree or not --- he has been
there.