Re: [ga] GA irrelevant

  • To: Thomas Baxter <baxtertms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GA irrelevant
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:56:32 -0400

You can decide yourself. If you are a real person and you post to the GA you
have the right to vote. Simple as that. Unfortunately or fortunately
depending on your point of view the ultimate rulers of the GA are you
yourselves Mr. Palmer a.k.a Baxter. The process is prescribed in the rules
of this General Assembly.

But ICANN which is contracted to provide us with the facilities to elect a
chairman won't provide voting facilities as they agreed to under the rules
to facilitate an election.

So were in limbo. Hugh is chair until such time as he either abandons his
position or is replaced by election. And I am king of the hill - the last
remaining monitor on the GA. A powerful position I do my best to ignore.
Look at the insanity that happened with Debbie.

So until we get the vote I guess things remain much as they are since ICANN
has never been in "charge" of this list. They tried at great expense to
their own !doctors to kill us. It failed.

We are a very important list right now. The last place where ordinary people
have a voice in ICANN. It's a good place to be.

regards
joe

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: http://baptista.cynikal.net/