Re: [ga] Has the T.L.D.A disbarred?

  • To: "POST-TO GNSO LIST" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has the T.L.D.A disbarred?
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:02:47 -0500

"disbarred?" - No that would only be the case if the TLDA was Joe and he was a
lawyer.

I think you mean "disbanded".

Its still there, sort of, but in a dormant state because no one wants to put
work into
something that they think will not work in the end. Its partly because the
people in the
organization did not know how to take the TLDA from where it was to where they
wanted it to be.

You are correct about ICANN. There is nothing to stop them from stealing TLDs
like
they did with .BIZ, except deep pockets and no one in the INS TLD business has
that
kind of money.

Karl A. once suggested filing complaints with the various European regulatory
agencies.
Maybe, but they are just as likely to ignore you as ICANN is.

Glad to hear its nice in Allentown. Tom B. (The other one at the 'lectric
company) says
"hi". I'll see him down in Orlando at our Users Conference next month.

John