Re: [ga] Registrants

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registrants
  • From: Andrew McMeikan <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:05:33 +0800

Really Hugh?
Registrants provide nothing.

???
Well lets packup, job done, no more providing sites, I'll go scrub
out any software I released, get rid of any writtings, pull the plugs.

Registrants provide nothing.

Apparently.

What is a registrant?  Hmm lets see,  to make it easy for others to
locate their computer, they co-operate in a naming scheme to avoid
duplicate hostnames or long!routing!information

once upon a time it was a host file, then DNS, then it cost money
and still, in the spirit of co-operating, to provide this convenient
co-operative access and a great big internetworked link up of computers.

but now it seems
Registrants provide nothing.
so I guess I'll go back to fido-net and you can route my email
through region 55, zone 3 , I'll have to get back to you on the node.

Excuse my venting