Re: [ga] 8. Registrants representation

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] 8. Registrants representation
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:37:09 -0400

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Clearly with modern (read modern to mean anything beyond what Crispin can
> understand when running systems ten years out of date) voting and
> verification abilities, worldwide elections are now feasable and should be
> implemented as promised in the original white papers and evidenced by Karls
> seat.

That is correct. But I should point out worldwide elections where even
possible using Crispin's ten year out of date philosophy.

And as evidenced by Karls seat - and those of the other former elected board
members - ICANN was successful in making it work.

There were some issues I found that contributed to election fraud. They did
not have a process in place to verify the elector - i.e. those who vote. So
the result of that is potential for fraud. I myself voted some five - maybe
ten times under different names after ICANN denied me my right to vote as
Joe Baptista - they claimed back then I did not exist. So i took ICANNs
advice and voted under some five or ten pseudonyms.

There a lot of fraud at ICANN.

regards
joe baptista