Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

Good,  My like and respect of you has been often stated. I confirm that here.

My concern here is the clear chain of command for the administration and
maintanance of the GA list.  Here are the things that clearly deserved that
attention: *

1. Providing (international standard) polling and voting mechanisms.
2. Kent Crispins' monitoring and censoring, and interference.

3. A look at the resolution establishing the current rules of the GA, makes
clear you chose to not be involved. Wrong or Right -- not an issue,, but
inaction as opposed to action choices is clear.

I am clearly, horrible as the situation may be, the acting chair. The problems
which caused this are all listed above, as 1,2,3.  You have maybe done
absolutely no wrong regarding your duties as outlined in ICANN core documents,
regarding the GA. But you have taken no steps or actions to comply with your
responsibilites either.

That is why I am very confident that the facts prove my assertions.

Avri, please keep in mind that I am not making a value judgment here. Perhaps
your choice of inaction will prove the right choice. Sometimes it is better to
allow factions to war, in order to see which principles and principals survive.
But Crispins' conduct is not within an allowable acceptable norm. And your
failure to enforce and uphold the below is .........
Please note with interest the word "Responsibility"

*XX5.9 Upon the adoption of this Transition Article, and until further action
by the ICANN Board, the GNSO Council shall assume responsibility for the DNSO
General Assembly e-mail announcement and discussion lists.
http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#XX