[ga] IRT Draft/ Trademark Protection/consumer absence

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] IRT Draft/ Trademark Protection/consumer absence
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:07:43 -0700 (PDT)

See http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-24apr09-en.htm
Note: IRT means nothing: Real reference: Draft Report on Trademark Protection
Issues

Very fun song that goes -- "nobody walks in LA", it is just too pedestrian to
walk where people are so cool.
Very strange elitism in this IRT. It is just too pedestrian to drive your own
car in MDR.

The draft product is very "intellectual property", no netizen, dotcommoner,
consumer or even domain name holder group present. Total lack of Ralo or Alac.
Don't see a GAC or a ccTLD or a WTO. Do see Microsoft, Yahoo, Go Daddy and Net
Sol.

If I were running any policy stuff at ICANN I would bring these people to the
table. As it is I would rather cozy up to the fire and read the latest edition
of Blacks Law Dictionary.