Re: [ga] Seven Business Day comment period for IRT Draft Report is unacceptable

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Seven Business Day comment period for IRT Draft Report is unacceptable
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

George,
Links are always nice George, it is just kind of a politeness gig.
http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-24apr09-en.htm
Note it has not come out on ICANN/Announce yet. (is there really an obudsman?)
I think this is a cross post. hmmm? Not really. Anyone care?

Here is some text:

IRT Draft Report on Trademark Protection Issues Now Available for Public Comment
The Implementation Recommendation Team (IRT) (Members of the IRT are listed
here [PDF, 88K]) was formed by ICANN's Intellectual Property Constituency in
accordance with the 6 March, 2009 ICANN Board resolution
(http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm). The resolution was
issues for trademark holders in the implementation of new gTLDs. The team
reflects experiential and geographic diversity and is comprised of 18 members
and two alternates.
The IRT team has participated in numerous teleconferences and a two-day
face-to-face meeting resulting in a draft recommendations report on Trademark
Protection Issues and have identified several proposed solutions that are
described in:

Introduction
IP Clearinghouse, Globally Protected Marks List and other top and second rights
protection mechanisms;
Draft Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) Procedure;
Post delegation dispute resolution mechanisms at the top level;
Thick Whois model requirements for new TLDs; and
Use of algorithm in string confusion review during initial evaluation.
This Draft IRT Report [PDF, 431K] will be posted for a thirty (30) day comment
period that closes on 24 May, 2009. However, those wishing to have the IRT
consider their comments in connection with its final report should submit
comments by 6 May, 2009. Comments can be sent to irtp-draft-report@xxxxxxxxx
and reviewed at http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-draft-report/.
The final report is expected to be published by 24 May 2009. The community will
have additional opportunity to discuss the IRT proposal in an open forum
discussion at the Sydney Meeting and in public consultations conducted by ICANN
to be announced in the near future.
For additional information:
WIKI for Overarching Issues discussions:
https://st.icann.org/new-gtld-overarching-issues/index.cgi?new_gtld_overarching_issues
New gTLD Page: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtld-program.htm