Re: [ga] Election of Chair

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Election of Chair
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I had hoped to be past this phase of rules and have a full set of positions
filled by this time. What can I say, it takes a little longer to adopt founding
documents than I thought.
It was pretty eyeopening dealing with a deliberate attempt to harass, disrupt
and otherwise destroy the list, and it took way to much time.

Now we are faced with a fine group of people that are so disenfranchised that
apathy would be a positive spin on their outlook. This clearly results in the
lack of participation we have today. (I am pleased to note it is not due to
harassment.) I am afraid this can only be cured by a running track record. No
amount of cheerleading and cajoling will move this war weary crowd. So that is
what we should do, put one foot infront of the other, and make a track that
others can follow.

IDNO and IU. These concepts must be brought to the forefront and lifted as high
as they can go. I see pros and cons of starting with either one. But it was a
founding factor in beginning this GA and it cannot be ignored. The aptitude and
skill with which it is presented will have to be spot on and support must be
clear and convincing from the bottom up. And then it is going to have to be
bulldogged right on through with no "skipping over" for an answer. Capture is
not an option. I do believe that with or without restructuring this can be
done, but not for free. It will take hours of concerned contributors' time.

RAAs, WHOIS, gTLDs etc. etc. Have been dealt with by the GA in a reactionary
mode. We have contributed greatly to outside lists and groups and forces. This
has proven to be an error. Our voices are splintered and cast into the wind. We
should begin our own deliberations here on clear issue and winnow down our
positions to matters of real interest to us and set them forth with one large
voice.

"Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Debbie,

I agree that Eric has been doing a wonderful job and I'll second the motion
for Eric to be reelected Chair for a consecutive term.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.
http://www.ProphetPartners.com