RE: [ga] Pending motion of suspension

  • To: <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GA'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Secretariat'" <GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Pending motion of suspension
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:12:25 +0100

My responses are in line.

We wait for the following from Ms. Garside:

What rule(s) specifically were violated.

 Rule 3. 3. The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:

- not indulging in what may be perceived as personal attacks or insults

- not using what may be perceived as or is clearly intended to be offensive
and/or disruptive language

- not indulging in threats of legal action of any kind on list; off list
threats may also be forwarded to the Chairman or List Monitor who may decide
to take action against the perpetrator of such threats

- not exceeding any limitations on the number of posts allowed within a
given time period that may be imposed by the GA Chair at the request of
members

- not exceeding a message size of more than 30KB without exceptional reason

Exactly what language was considered a violation.

As List Monitor, I consider the entire post a violation of the rules.  It
was a personal attack, it did not observe a minimum of decorum, I considered
it downright offensive and so did the complainant.

What authority is there for a single moderator to suspend a member of the
list?

Final sentence in 3.3 of our rules which states: "The List Monitor or the
Chair may impose sanctions for persistent offenses."

Who was the secret complainant? And specifically what was their complaint?

I am not prepared to divulge the name of the complainant.  It is enough that
I have received a complaint and, as List Monitor, I have upheld the
complaint.

It would be good if I had the support of the Chair.

Debbie

Was the complainant a list member?

NR

Should she recuse herself from the matter due to outstanding issues with JW?

Let us do this all public like, so we can all get a clue.

Certainly pending the information above no action should be taken regarding
JWs posting priviledges.

I just hope the complainant is not a non list executive or staffer with
ICANN. That would be really bad.